Had intercourse. Having cracked skin and swelling at corner of labia. What treatment to be done?

May 2013
The skin at the corner of my labiya is cracked and burning. 4 days back i had sex with my husband. It was without sufficient lubrication. Since then the labiya was swollen and cracked.Pls suggest treatment
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

sometimes during intercourse these types of cracks can occur on labia, minor abrasions will heal by themselves, but as you are having symptoms like swelling there is possibility of infection leading to inflammatory reaction.

so better you once consult gynecologist and get examined to rule out the possibility of infection,
with her advice you can try,
-you can use antibacterial ointment like- metrozyl-p or soframycin etc for local application,
-analgesics and anti-inflammatory tablets like lyser-d or serronac etc,
-if you have severe local pain you can try ointment like shield for local application,
-next time during intercourse you can use xylocaine jelly like lubricants which will help in lubrication and also decrease pain.

with these measures your lesion will heal soon.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.