Getting itchy boils on feet after wearing shoes most of the day time. Looking for suggestion

I wear shoes most of the day and now my legs have started itching and I am getting boils on my feet! Please suggest on the same.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 25 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

The most common cause of such presentation is fungal infection of foot leading to bacterial infection.

As you wear shoes most of the time, it keep skin wet due to sweat. Which increases fungal infection. Fungal infection causes itching. Repeated itching leads to local skin injury which leads to bacterial infection and boils formation in some cases.

For treatment visit skin specialist (dermatologist) so that she can prescribe some anti-fungal and antibiotic medicine. You will need medicine for few weeks. For time do wear shoes if possible and apply candid powder 2-3 times daily on feet.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.