What is the treatment for blisters on groin area due to fungal infection?
User rating for this question
Hello Doctor, i am 39 years old, i have itching on my groin, for past 6 months, i was thinking its an fungal infection and applying Candiderma/Talcum powders, i gave me timely relief, but the condition now i get blisters on the groin areas, pls help me out, is it a very serious?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: If anti-fungal creams have provided some relief that means it is fungal infection but resistant to local treatment and is recurring.Its common with fungal infection to remain unchanged even after repeat treatments. In such case you can try antifungal creams with steroids and oral antifungal tablets.This oral medications do have side effects so need to be taken under doctor's supervision. Keep the groin region shaved, clean and dry. Wear loose inner wares , bath or wash groins regularly. Apply antifungal powders. Remember even this treatment fungal infections are time taking to clear so dont leave treatment in between. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for blisters on groin area due to fungal infection? 6 hours later
Thanks doctors, these blisters are due to fungal infection?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later
People also viewed
- What could cause pain in upper stomach and ovaries
- Any effective medication to increase the height
- Is canesten used in the treatment of fungal infection, groin ?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of lotrel?
- What is pseudocholinesterase deficiency
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds
- Is decrease in urine volume a side effect of lorcet plus?
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of medroxyprogesterone?
- How to cure dizziness and imbalanced feeling
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Is pinpoint red spots on the skin a side effect of metro?
- Is blood in the urine or stools a side effect of lamisil?
- Is xolegel used in the treatment of fungal infection, groin ?
- Treatment for fungal infection groin
- Why was i dehydrated and tired today