What is the treatment for skin candidiasis?

Yeast infection in groin for two weeks from several weeks of antibiotic use. Taken two 150 diflucan in last fourteen days. Gyno had me use j&j baby powder first week. Infection returned one week after first diflucan. Dermatologist had me take second diflucan & started me on zeasorb af 2 days ago 4xs a day. How long till I know if zeasorb is going to work? Do not want to take more diflucan. He said I might need 4 diflucan! This is the 4th time taken diflucan in year & 1/2. Do you develop tolerance to it? Never had to take more than one but never had skin yeast infection. How much diflucan is typical for this problem? What else can I do?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
Brief Answer: cutaneous cansdid infection Detailed Answer: Hello Skin candid infection is common . It needs antigungal treatment . Too much use of diflucan may have reduced the efficacy of the drug . I would suggest using topical antifungals in th form of powder or ointment . If it's working you will see a difference within 3-4 days . Injections are the last resort . Continue your doses current treatment . If there is no improvement in another 2 days see your doctor about injections. Keep the area clean but always dry properly . Rule out diabetes since you have recurrence . Skin infections are more severe than mucous infection . It may take more time to clear . Find out why you are having repeated infections .