What is the cause and treatment for itchy,loose and white penis skin?

Hello, I am 27 year old 168 cm height and 65 kgs of weight i had a problem in my penis foreskin as the skin looses its color and becomes white as own in color it looks very odd in the penis fore skin at the tip below the glans and in the upper side of the glans also.It starts with itchy foreskin in the morning as the precum get stuck in the foreskin it itches heaviely so i take a cotton white cloth for itching that particular part of the skin and after one weak of scratching the affected part of the foreskin i observed that the skin starts loosing its color as the white cotton cloth becomes brownn in color only the part of the cloth which was used by me for scratching that surface of the skin and till then it becomes white in color and my foreskin doesn't get its original color since last one year .After observing the white skin i started careing about the foreskin hygiene so resulting that the itchy feeling reduces and also i wash that part of the foreskin daily during bath with mild hot water and when i wash that part of the skin it becomes pinkish in color but afterr it dries up it again becomes white in color now it doen't itches so much but i worry about the decolorization of the skin which is very, suggest me whether this was a serious problem which needs very high treatment or just doing some home remedies it can be treated
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may be having balanoposthitis with vitiligo. Detailed Answer: Hi, After seeing photo and reading the history, I think that you may be having candidal balanoposthitis and vitiligo on the prepucial skin. You had tuberculosis. So, I think you may be poor in immunity. And that is why, you got fungal infection caused by Candida albicans. And the de colorisation on prepucial skin may be vitiligo and that would be precipitated by infection. You should be investigated to rule out DM,HIV and other immunocompromised conditions. Candidal balanoposthitis may be treated by antifungal therapy. I usually prescribe itraconazole or ketoconazole for two weeks. I advise to apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole twice a week. I suggest to have Sitz bath in dettol water. If there is itching, I prescribe antihistaminics like levocetirizine. I think you are more concern with discoloration. And that may be vitiligo. It is not serious condition. Take it easy. Still, we can try to revert pigmenation. I usuallyprescribe Tacrolimus ointment 0.03% initially, if no irritation, it may be increased to 0.1 %. Neopsoralen tablet 25 mg may be taken for long period under supervision of a doctor. If no response after long time , accept it and leave the treatment. I also advise circumcision in my patient having recurrent candidal balanoposthitis. I hope you got my answer. Still, any query... you are welcome. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for itchy,loose and white penis skin? 20 hours later
what is vitiligo and does it was cureable or not.I have asked this question previously in this website and the doc says it was smegma and i started his treatment of washing that part of the skin with warm water and mild soap(Dove) since last one weak and i have noticed no change in my skin color and does itch guard contains clotrimazole and can i apply itch guard to the foreskin or not.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Vitiligo is an idiopathic depigmentation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Vitiligo is an idiopathic depigmentation of the skin. The disease may be precipitated after trauma or skin disease. It may or may not recover in your case. But, it is a benign condition and there is no harm. Tacrolimus oint may be applied for few months, if response is there well and good,otherwise leave the treatment. But, you control the relapse of candidal balanoposthitis. You continue to apply clotrimazole cream.Avoid soap to wsh the area. Have Sitz bath..i.e. sit in dettol containg water tub for atleast 10 min. daily. I hope you got my answer. Thanks. Dr.Ilyas Patel MD