Child taking antibiotic for transparent boils over knees. Is this a bacterial infection?

Hi my son is 2years 5months old , from last tow days he is having skin allergy like transperent boils over knees, legs, foot, palm, wrist and on elbows,I find it is nt decreasing after giving him antibiotic started on 26th night and T-bact ointment I am applying on the boils thirce a day.
what is the reason for allergy my Dr says it is Bacterial infection, how many days it may take to reduce and tell me wheather should I go for blood test if it nt decreases today.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I need you to give me a more detailed description of your son's skin problem.
Normally the boils of a bacterial infection is not transparent. Instead they are pus filled.

Is the rash itchy? Does he have fever?

Attaching a pic of the rash will be hugely helpful.

A blood test is not warranted at this stage. 2 days is a short time for a bacterial infection to respond to antibiotics (assuming that it is actually a bacterial infection). Moreover, we do not see much in the blood in case of a mild to moderates skin infection.

Seeing a pic of the rash will help me a lot..
Awaiting your response