Child having irregular bowel movement and passing blood in the stool. Prognosis?

my grandson has blood after using his bowels on the toilet. he is otherwise healthy but does not do a poo every day. the photo was taken tonight after using the toilet with noticeable blood in the bowl. He had a very very large poo a lot of volume nearly 7 days ago and has had 4 bloody poos since.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 39 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Some of the common causes of blood in stool include fissure in ano, polyps and colitis.
Since his bowel movements are not regular and he passed a large poo, fissure is a likely cause. Anorectal area should be examined to confirm this.

Take him to his pediatrician or a gastroenterologist for clinical examination and confirmation of the diagnosis.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini