What causes continuous buring sensation in anus while having constipation?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello, My age is 28, height 5.8", and weight of 72 kg. No disease or medical history so far. I used to exercise but stopped since last 6-7 months though & maintaining average fitness now days. I have frequent constipation issues since last 6 months. From last 8-10 days im witnessing a burning sensation throughout the day in my anus. what are the probable cause for this ?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that it is a very non specific symptom and there can be multiple causes for that . Anal fissure , Hemorrhoids ,Anorectal fistula, Perianal abscess , proctitis , Pruritus ani etc. Constipation infact can also lead to burning sensation and pain in anus . I think you first solve the issue of constipation , eat whole grain foods , add psyllium husk and do regular exercise , it will solve both your problems hopefully . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What causes continuous buring sensation in anus while having constipation? 41 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX Thanks for your quick reply. I shall do it as per your instructions. Can i take pre-probiotic tablets like vibact to improve digestion etc. Is it recommended ? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Yes you can take that . Also add curd to your diet , it will be helpful with your gut problems . Dr. Shruti