Barthalon cyst, bacterial infection, swelling, pain, zinnat medication. Safe to take ?

Can I take zinnat for barthalon cyst?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

The answer to your question is yes you may take Zinnat for this. Zinnat should be effective in treating the underlying cause which is a bacterial infection which caused swelling and likely pain in the region. I would recommend you take this medicine for at least 10 days.

It is very important that if you see no interval improvement within 1 week that you see your doctor as sometimes it will be necessary to provide an alternative antibiotic to cover for more resistant bacteria.

In the meantime I recommend you spend some time in the bathtub twice daily - warm soaks lasting 20-30 minutes. This will also be therapeutic and should help some of the swelling.

I thank you again for the query and hope my response has been adequate and helpful. If you have any additional concerns I am here for you.

Dr. Galamaga