Have irritated spot between Vagina and anus, burns with urination. Have lumps on labia. Had hysterectomy. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have a irritated spot between my Vagina and anus and when I pee it burns a lot I wash that area with plenty water and dry it and use a dry cloth to dry myself but still it persists.I also have a big lump on my Labia low down near this irritated patch, please note I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. At first I thought it was my haemorrhoids (fissure) but its not you see I have constant loose stools as I suffer from spastic bowl syndrome.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
folliculitis, Bartholin cyst

Detailed Answer:
According to your description the irritating spot could be folliculitis.
Means infection of the hair follicle present in between vagina and anus.
The lump at the vaginal opening you mentioned could be a Bartholin cyst.
Infection can spread from the cyst to follicle and vice versa.
So better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the exact cause of your problem and take treatment accordingly.
Sitz bath can help to some extent in decreasing the symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.

Follow-up: Have irritated spot between Vagina and anus, burns with urination. Have lumps on labia. Had hysterectomy. Suggest? 12 minutes later
I do not believe it is a Cyst it is more like a gland that is swollen and I have a lot of pain there when I pee or poo my urine burns that patch and the only way to stop the pain I have to wash with plenty water both and dry with a cloth all the skin there is irritated and burns. I apply a cream there which helps a bit but every time I wee the same again, as I have Diabetes I pee a lot and this is very uncomfortable and not very practical especially at work.
Please note I had a Hysterectomy 2 years ago and was wondering if I can get thrush still I feels like that but more raw the whole area between mu anus and vagina is tender.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Yes, though you underwent hysterectomy as the vaginal tissue will remain, that can get infected.
Diabetes, decreased immunity, excessive usage of antibiotics etc can contribute to development of fungal infection.
By examination only the exact cause of the problem can be identified and treated.
So better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.

Follow-up: Have irritated spot between Vagina and anus, burns with urination. Have lumps on labia. Had hysterectomy. Suggest? 34 minutes later
Now that I have had a Hysterectomy can I still get thrush do I still need to use vaginal creams for protection. As my sex life is non existent for the past 2 years and I don't take antibiotics can I still get chlamydia and various infections in my vaginal area.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
As I told previously the exact cause of the problem can be identified by examination only.
Though the possibility of vaginal infection is rare in your case, the possibility cannot be completely excluded.
As apart from intercourse rarely vaginal infections can occur by skin to skin contact also. Allergy to inner ware, soaps etc also can present with rash.
So after examination the exact cause can be made out.
Don't worry, by taking proper treatment you can come out of the problem.