Noticed lymph nodes under armpits. Some lumps in upper labia majora. Had allergy. Missed periods. Hormonal changes?

May 2013
hi I am a 29 yr old female and I recently noticed that the lymph nodes under both my armpits where tender and about pea size. Now I also noticed the same kind of lumps in another part of my body, the upper labia majora (next to the clitoris) but I'm not sure if there are lymph nodes in this area of the body. I had allergies about a week ago and I also missed my period could the issue be hormonal or due to allergies?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of infection

Detailed Answer:
Lymphnodal swelling generally occurs due to infection in the body.
Sometimes after treating the infection also, it will take some time for lymph nodes to come to normal size.
The lump near the clitoris you mentioned could be a Bartholin cyst.
If the cyst gets infected that can form an abscess .
Menstrual cycle can get affected due to many causes like, recent illness, intake of medicines, weight changes, hormonal imbalance etc.
So you once consult gynecologist and get examined.
If lymphnodal enlargement is due to any infection, you can take treatment for that.
And also if there is Bartholin abscess, antibiotics can help in curing that also.
Usually allergy may not lead to these problems. If your periods delayed for more than a week, you can take tablets for withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.