Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

wysolne 10mg in low platelet (itp)

hello DR my 4years old son have last 10months low platelet he get before we treated frequent fever now treating with hemotalogist at chennai hes last week count is 5000 he have antibody coombs++ive hes taking meditions wysolne 10mg steroids daily 1no still no inprovement pls can u tell any where specialise treatment is available in india/or any where pls sugest me where we can treat him thanks ,nisar chennai,india
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  433
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
your son must be having chronic ITP from what i can figure out. He will need along term follow up with a hematologist. If he has not underwent any evaluation so far will need it to be done like a bonemarrow & few other blood tests to rule out certain complicated etiology for this low platelet. As you are staying in chennai, CMC vellore is one of the best institutions for this.
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Mr. Nizar
In my practice i have seen Sat giloya or giloya in any form if administered improves platelet count remarkably.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thanks sir
now we treat with dr bharatwaj tpr at chennai hes working chennai apollo.he said today 27/1/11 some peoples normally low platelet so ur continue wyslone 10 mg regular daily 1no chilld dont have any bleeding ony 2small spots at face now its also reducing .so now we r cofusing because child taking cistro steroids (wysolne )he weight now 27kg age 4years what we want to do i dont now .dr u said vellore cmc is best in this stage we change there no problem?vellore is my native(home)also or we change to homeopathy or sidda /auyvath is best?
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
yes cmc vellore is best to deal with this problem. you can change there. take all details of your treatment so far & show there. as it is your home town will be more convenient for you. im not sure if hoeopathy or siddha or ayurveda is good. please dont use it. there is good treatment for this problem in english medicine so please use it.
Answered: Sun, 30 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor