Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

suffering with Alopecia Areata..

Hi, I am suffering with Alopecia Areata,primary stage started with a small round smooth patch please advise what i should do, i am really worried that i may loss my hair completely.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  920
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
alopecia areata is a autoimmune disease characterised by a patchy hair loss mostly over scalp, beard, eye brows, moustaches...... in most of the cases it responds very well. u can consult a dermatologist nearby.
dr ashutosh pandya
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
It sounds like you already have a diagnosis. But a visit to a derm will provide you with your options. Some experience success with treatment, others do not. There are many folks who are diagnosed and within a year all hair returns. Visit NAAF (National Alopecia Areata Foundation for more information. And the social networking site: is also a wonderful resource that can provide much needed support. I've had alopecia for 25 years myself. To read my story, visit Best of luck to you!
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
in the meantime you can use flutivate cream twice daily. Intralesional triamnicolone injections is one of the most effective and first line treatment. Visit your dermatologist regarding this.
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
its common to have as you can see from the responses you got. It can be precipitated by stress mostly. you can use minoxidil lotion on your scalp 1 ml twice a day & it will help but you need to use it for atleast 4-6 months to see complte effect.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response

will just like to suggest you to start with homeopathic treatment ,which is safe, effective and natural , and as you just started with this disorder , you will find full 100% results , without any side effects .

takecare .godbless!
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor