Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

remove a clot without surgery

I need help, my dad cannot have major surgery (where they put you under) because of a bad heart. Anyone know a way to remove clog without surgery, or minor. I m willing to pay 100 dollars via paypal if sombody helps .. ty
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  345
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
This definitely needs medical attention. A blood clot can easily dislodge from the affected vein/artery and travel to the lungs (pulmonary embolism), heart (heart attack), or brain (stroke), all of which can be fatal. I had an extensive blood clot from my left knee to abdomen. I was hospitalized and received daily low dose heparin shots in my stomach. I had a catheter inserted into the affected blood vessel, through which tPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator - which is a "clot-busting" drug) was administered. The clot was then sucked out using a vacuum-like instrument. It took a few tries to get it all, but it worked and I am clot free! This is pretty non-invasive and you are awake during the procedure. Hope this helps!
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor