Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

red sore eye with puss stuff

my left eye is very red and blood shot and sore and i have white puss stuff coming out of it. what is going on. also i have been sick for a week with what i think is a sinus infection. i also have a very sore throat, the same level of soreness from when i had my tonsils removed. please help me
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1812
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
You can go to a chemist and ask for gatiflox eye drops which are basically antibiotic eyedrops. And please do not delay your visit to an eye specialist.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
Looks like you are suffering from acute conjunctivitis. As you have fever too, I suspect it would be bacterial conjunctivitis. Please see an opthalmologist asap. In the mean time use gatifloxacin eye drops every 3 hourly.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
from the description it seems that you are having infection and if not taken consultation with doctor,take immediately see an ophthalmologist also
for the time being start antibiotic may start with omnicef o cv 1 tab 2 times
take some eye drops like genticyn or ciplox eye drop for local use .do not delay consulting doctor
hoping early recovery
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor