Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

is it safe to conceive with rbs +ve partner ? husband RBS is high,he is on medications and we are planning to have baby ,is it safe to concieve?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. Welcome to HealthcareMagic. There is no contraindication. However if his readings are high you should be concerned and do a repeat test along with his fasting sugar levels. All the best
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
there is no harm in conceiving. Your husband needs treatment on regular basis. there are chances of diabetes carrying on to child but it is not the rule.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
There is no harm in you conceiving as you are healthy.
All the Best.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajesh Kota's  Response
Hi Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Your husband's sugar level doesnot have any bearing on your child's health. However you should get your blood sugar level checked because high blood sugars during pregnancy in mothers may have deleterious effects on foetus health. Wishing you good health and a safe pregnancy, take care

Dr. Rajesh Kota
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor