Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

dizziness and could not even walk..

My aunt is 68 yrs old. She is of normal build and good health. Her sugar and BP levels are normal as tested yesterday. She suddenly complained of dizziness 5 days back and could not even walk. can I know what could be the cause
Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. Dizziness in the older age might be due to problems in the vestibular apparatus, which is responsible for maintaining balance in the body. You need to take her to an ENT specialist to run few tests to determine the cause. She might have problems if she falls due to her dizziness.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
There are many causes for dizziness. With the little information given by you it is very difficult to guess the cause. Only a detailed history and physical examination can reveal the possible cause. Please consult an ENT surgeon and / or a general physician who will guide you appropriately.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor