dizziness and could not even walk..

My aunt is 68 yrs old. She is of normal build and good health. Her sugar and BP levels are normal as tested yesterday. She suddenly complained of dizziness 5 days back and could not even walk. can I know what could be the cause
Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Hi. Dizziness in the older age might be due to problems in the vestibular apparatus, which is responsible for maintaining balance in the body. You need to take her to an ENT specialist to run few tests to determine the cause. She might have problems if she falls due to her dizziness.
ayushi's  Response
There are many causes for dizziness. With the little information given by you it is very difficult to guess the cause. Only a detailed history and physical examination can reveal the possible cause. Please consult an ENT surgeon and / or a general physician who will guide you appropriately.