Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

calcific tendonitis

Hi DR i have calcific tendonitis in my right shoulder , i injection 6 month ago and physical therapy too , i have sometimes too much pain and i can't move my hand correctly . so i have question what can i do , i do swimming and excercise too , i am afraid for sergery . Please let me , so i do not have insurace in here. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 4 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Hi Dr i have calcific tendonitis in my right shoulder, i injection 6 month ago and physical therapy too, I have sometimes too much pain and i can't move my hand correctly I don't have insurace so i have qeustion what can i do , i do swimming and excercise too i afraid for sergery Please let me what can i do for this problem, thank you
Answered: Sat, 4 Sep 2010
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgery Dr. Abhijeet Wahegaonkar's  Response
Hi there,
Here's my two cents for your problem:
Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder happens when calcium deposits form on the tendons of your shoulder. The tissues around the deposit can become inflamed, causing a great deal of shoulder pain. This condition is fairly common. It most often affects people over the age of 40. Nonoperative treatment is nearly always the first line of treatment for calcific tendonitis. The treatment protocol usually involves Physical Therapy/Exercises;Anti-Inflammatory Medications;Application of Moist Heat. Simply controlling the symptoms with these steps will allow sufficient time for resolution of the problem in most patients.
The calcific deposit will often remain in these patients, but the goal of treatment is to control the symptoms caused by this condition, not to necessarily make the calcium go away. Eventually, the calcium deposit will resolve.
Surgery is recommended in the following situations:

When symptoms continue to progress despite treatment
When constant pain interferes with routine activities (dressing, combing hair)
When symptoms do not respond to conservative care
Available treatment options include needling and aspiration of the calcium deposit and arthroscopic excision of the calcium deposit.

Hope you find this useful.
Answered: Sat, 4 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor