Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Told as calcium build up for a large lump in the centre of forehead. What should I do?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
I have a large bump in the center of my forehead. I have been told that it is a calcium buildup. what can I do for it.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need a detailed clinical evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Accumulation of calcium deposits under the skin and other soft tissue structures is termed as CALCINOSIS. There are numerous conditions and disorders that produces calcium deposits under the skin. There is no role for self care measures or home remedies, as the underlying cause has to be determined first, before treating it.

A detailed clinical examination and appropriate investigations are needed to establish the underlying cause for calcinosis.

If your bump is not producing any symptoms, its may not need any immediate intervention. If its symptomatic, there are many ways to treat like Medicines, Harmones, anticoagulants, local creams and surgical excision.

Consult your family physician for a detailed workup and further management.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor