Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Calcific tendonitis in left shoulder, stiffness in neck. Taken steroidal injections and physical therapy. What can be done about this?

I have calcific tendonitis in my left shoulder . I am starting to feel stifness in my neck and now I have the same type of pain in my right shoulder I have had calcific tendonitis for about 6 months and have had steroidal injecetions as well as phyiscal therapy and it hasn t gotten better. What can I do about this situation I am in?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Calcific tendonitis is usually very painful. Steroid injections can help but in my experience with this condition you need to disrupt the calcium deposit with the needle when you give the injection. Anti-inflammatory medication and physiotherapy can also be of benefit. Has an orthopaedic surgeon been giving you the injections?
Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor