Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Yeast infection on penis, red spots on penis head. Applied sofradex cream. Cure?

my penis has i think developed a yeast infecion on it. even the head was affected. when i went to the doc, he gave me sofradex cream. after applying it i didnt see any significant changes. however, now my head has developed painful red spots which are as if the skin of the head has been scratched. it s painful while urinating too. please help.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  327
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello dear..

Yeast being a fungal infection doesn't respond much to Sofradex cream (which is a combination of Antibiotic & corticosteroid)

Pain during urination indicates that the infection has spread to the urethra will be better to consult a Dermtologist before it gets further complicated.

Wishing you Good Health & a speedy recovery.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Urologist Dr. G.Srinivasan's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Also, please apply antifungal creams and oral antibiotics for better result.
Maintain hygiene by cleaning with soap and water daily and also apply periodic lubricants like Vaseline oil/ coconut oil.
best regards,
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor