Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Wrist pain post fall, swelling on outer part, fingers get stiff and painful for few minutes, twisting hurts

I feel 4 weeks ago and I landed on my hands , wrist bend backwards. I had an xray and the care clinic dr said it looked like it wasn t broken. 4 weeks later it still hurts, I have a swollen lump thing on the outer part of my wrist (pinky side right beside the wrist bone that sticks up. After typing for a few minutes my pinky and ring fingers get stiff and hurts really bad when I have to move them. After a few minutes they go back to normal. I also can move my hand at the wrist up and down, but to twist it feels like it s broken.. Do I need to see a doctor again and if so what type of doctor do I need to see other than a 24 hour care clinic?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  657
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Yes, you must see Orthopedic Surgeon for reassessment( eventually X- ray and immobilization) and not primary care clinic. You must know that any joint injury will take some time for completely regeneration and most important detail for most articulation injuries – immobilization between 2-6 weeks depends of articulation.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 8 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor