Will the radiation for mammography during pregnancy affect the fetus?

My sister in law is pregnant with 2-1/2 months. She has done her mamography around 1-1/2 months back. During that time she was not aware that she was pregnant. She is 40 yrs old. Is it okay if she carries on the pregnancy. Will the radiation effect the baby ??
Tue, 29 Sep 2015
Hi.

Radiation is of course avoided and contraindicated during pregnancy. But only a very small amount of radiation is needed to conduct a mammogram and so I do not think there is a huge risk with going ahead with this pregnancy. Keep your doctor informed and keep regular monitoring a good practise. And please continue your pregnancy, best of luck.

Best wishes.