Will Helicobacter pylori infection cause infertility in women ?

Can An H Pylori infection cause infertility in women?
Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hello
welcome to health care magic
there is no direct relation ship between h.pylori infection and infertility..
recent studies and surveys state that..women who are coming to infertility clinic have antibodies directed towards components of H.pylori were positive...that too in a rare people..

H.pylori can cause gastritis,peptic ulcers and finally carcinoma of stomach..
hope your doubt is clarified.
thank you
Dr.siddartha
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Till now there is no strong correlation between H.Pylori infection in women and infertility but one study has found that H. pylori infection may increase the risk of developing reproductive disorders or worsen the clinical expression of this syndrome. Take care.