What causes abdominal pain, bloating and acid reflux?

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been having stomach pains, bloating, gas, and feeling full after eating very little, and just uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bloating , distension with gas, pain abdomen, loss of appetite and early satiety at the age of 57 usually is a common complaint and is mostly either due to gastritis , IBS or gastroparesis. Treatment is more or less the same with supportive antacids, gastric prokinetics to help increase the motility of bowels and more importantly modifying diet and lifestyle. Small frequent meals, avoiding triggers in diet like alcohol, soda, beverages, spices, processed canned foods , smoking, cheese, dairy products etc. Use more fiber and fluids. Fresh fruits and vegetables help. Use yogurt with peppermint . More important is exercise. Brisk walk for 30 to 45 minutes daily is helpful and necessary.

For peace of mind you may get evaluated for other causes of gastric discomfort like H pylori infection, any ulcer in the stomach or duodenum, acid reflux manometry and 24 hours PH monitoring if the symptoms persist. Consult your physician locally and let them help you in this regard.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Regards XXXXXXX
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan