Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

White discharge from right ear, severe pain. Surgery in left eardrum. Cure?

hi my husband has white watery discharge in his right ear. he has severe pain too. what it could be. he has had a small surgery in his left ear, some eardrum or somthing replaced with gold piece i heard, am nt sure though. he had pain in his right ear sometime back, we consulted a doctor and he said its fine. please help. he is abroad right now.what tablet shud he take for two days befor he is bak. thanks a lot
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to health care magic,

I am Dr Sriram nathan, an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem.

It seems to me that your husband has developed an acute infection of the drum of the ear and may be even the canal area. This happens when you constantly pick on the area and is treatable though very painful.

You must do these:
1. Hot fomentation over the area
2. No head bath for the next one week
3. Antibiotic medication like the amox-clav 625 mg twice daily for five days along with pain killers like levocetrizine in consultation with your doctor.
4. Injectable medications if the symptom are very severe

Once the infection is controlled then you must meet an ENT surgeon for the proper and permanent cure for your ear problem

The gold piece surgery points to an ossicular reconstruction. You need for the infection to clear and then get an audiometry and CT of the temporal bones and get back to me or any ENT with the reports

You must also keep your husbands blood sugar levels under check

Dr Sriram nathan
Answered: Fri, 6 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor