Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Which pain killer is best for sciatica ?

what is best pain killer for sitica ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello Dear,

I would advice you not to put your sciatica pain into the shade of painkillers as this can lead to increase the problem in due course of time.

I would advice you to get a thorough evaluation on what is the specific cause of your sciatic nerve pain and work on rectifying it rather on reducing only the pain.

The various causes of sciatic nerve pain may be:

Compression of nerve due to a disc slip, greater sciatic foramen calcification, piriformis muscle tightness, osteophyte compression, spinal canal stenosis, etc.

Take a route towards complete health. Take care

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor

Answered: Tue, 15 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor