Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Which multivitamin is best for hypertension and overweight person?

My father-in-law has high BP. He is 51years old and has no other health problems. He is overweight. He is taking medicines regularly. Is there anything else that he can do to improve BP control and health? Which multivitamin is the best one- as some people says he can take any multivitamin and that it is not compulsory.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  1517
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Your father in law has to take his BP medicines regularly. Let him not miss even one. In addition we recommend the following tips for better BP control and good health. 1) Restrict intake of salt. Avoid foods with added salt like chips, mixtures etc. avoid any processed or packaged foods as almost all of them have added sodium. This is the most effective measure to control BP is daily exercise, like a brisk walk for 30-40 minutes every day is good. If he already has a regular exercise routine, like jogging he can continue that instead. 2) Low fat diet- cut down on oily and fatty food including milk products. Avoid high sugar foods as well. 3) Drink adequate amount of water- at least 2 liters per day to keep the kidneys and bowels functioning optimally 4) If he smokes- getting him to stop would be very good for his health and would lower his risk of heart and vascular disease greatly. He can take a multivitamin regularly. As you age the amount of nutrients absorbed from your diet gradually decreases. He can take any supplement that is manufactured by a reputed company as that will be of better quality. Example Riconia- This has to be taken just once a day after food.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
  User's Response


Answered: Wed, 19 May 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor