Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Which hospital is best for eye treatment in India for my dad who is a glaucoma patient and also a heart and diabetics patient ?

Hello sir my father is a glaucoma patient in Bangladesh. his one eye is fully damaged and another eye is in risk. Bangladeshi doctor suggest him for operation. it also contains some risk like blood secretion of eye also he is heart and diabetics patient. or to go Sankara nethralaya in India for better treatment. please sir suggest me i am very worry.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Your father is already one eyed and other eye is also having glaucomatous damage so its better to go for investigation and treatment from reputed glaucoma surgeon.definitely you can go to sankar nethralaya.
take care
Answered: Tue, 4 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing healthcaremagic.See glucoma is a condition in which pressure in eye increases.This can lead to many problems including detachment of retina the curtain of eye and lead to vision loss.If the pressure can be controlled with medications then you have to go for surgery.There are always risk in patients having blood pressure and diabetes but in case of surgery you always have to weigh risk benefit ratio.So if you want you can take second opinion and follow the advise.Make sure his blood pressure and diabetes remains under control.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor