Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

When someone is having cramps, what is the best thing to eat or drink?

When someone is having cramps, what is the best thing to eat or drink? I heard that peppermint tea is rly good but I am all out of it. What would be the second best? Thanks so much.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  197
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The cramps may be relived with-
_fomatation over lower abdomen with a hot water bag .
_sleep in supine position(with a pressure on abdomen)
-taking tab Epidosyn twice /thrice a day if needed.
-try to keep bowels clear .
-drink plenty of fluids,salads,green vegs,&easy to digest food.
-if you have a regular habbit of menstrual cramps consult gynac &take amedicinal course .it helps a lot.
Answered: Wed, 14 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Savita Mishra's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Thanks for your query
A good hydration is very important. You can go for antispamodics if required and hot water bags fomentation and take rest. Avoid physical or mental stress.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor