What causes lower right abdominal pain while sneezing?

Posted on Mon, 18 Sep 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have pain in my lower abdomen, right side, sharper than menstrual cramps, most acute when I sneeze. Could it be related to appendix or maybe a UTI? I have been in menopause for about ten years. I am generally healthy, but there is a history of ovarian cancer in my family. I have never had a UTI, and I see a doctor annually for mammogram, pelvic exam, and occasionally a pelvic ultrasound.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably appendicitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
he most probable cause of pain in the right lower abdomen that increases on sneezing can be due to appendicitis or either tubo-ovarian problem or pelvic inflammatory disease.
UTI does not cause such pain that increases on sneezing.
Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Urgent clinical evaluation, examination and Ultrasonography along with tests of urine, blood and stool. CT scan if indicated will be ordered by your Doctor. Appropriate reference to the Specialist as per the diagnosis helps for proper management.

This will give the most probable reason/diagnosis which is very important for a proper management.
Earlier the diagnosis better is the treatment.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon