Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

When should typhoid vaccination be taken ?

i received a vaccination in Canada before i left do i have anything to worry about? hi i m a 31year old male, and presently in Ghana west Africa. i have been here for just over one month and have gotten a 1:20 on my typhi h test and a 1:40 on my typhi o test. i received a vaccination in Canada before i left do i have anything to worry about?
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthacaremagic forum,

For the typhoid to be considered a clinical diagnosis (illness with symptoms or expected to give symptoms ) the H and O typhoid titers should be minimum of 1:80.
Any positive readings below that is normal and can be due to non infective exposure or previous vaccination.

and its also better considered safe to rule out rising titers by getting the test repeated after 15 days of the initial test.

thanks for visiting

Take care , bye
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor