Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for subdural hematoma in a 5 month old ?

My son born on 13th September 2011 and next day he got some problem for which we took him into Government hospital where we were told that he got hypoglycemia and later his heart beat stopped. The heart beat they recovered and gave us manual ambu to pump. We did for 5 hours and when enquired how long we have to do that, we were told that they do not have any working ventilator and then we shifted to different hospital where he treated on Octroid at first to control insulin and then diazoxide for controlling sugar and saved the life but because of hypoglycemia and non supply of oxygen to brain , his brain has a gross damage. The second MRI reflected many pot holes at different place and in the left brain there was a clot also (subdural haemotoma) which later drained out surgically and placed a shunt there. Now as were told there is no chance of recovery of brain and he surely be moving towards spastic. I want to know if any thing we can do to revert such damage?? If required, I will post all the reports (MRI, CT-SCAN, Discharge summary etc). The baby boy is now 5 months old.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Since the convenctional mode of treatment is of no help, Homeopathy can help you if you believe in the science.
You can give you child the following treatment, since thesee medicines have npo side effects it can safely be given to the baby.
1 dose of Nat phos 200. Either 1 drop on the tongue of rub the medicine in the web of baby's finger
Arnica 200 repeated every six hours to be given in the form of drop on the baby's tongue or can be rubbed on the web of the baby's finger.
Answered: Fri, 17 Feb 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor