Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take for phimosis ?

i have a question for Urologist . One of my frnd is having phimosis disease form his childhoon now he is 23 year old.So my question is it curable or not. There is any operation or permanent solution for this disease. Please suggest me some good doctors for this. Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

Your "friend" can not have phimosis from childhood since he would need to be at least 20 years of age before this diagnosis can be made. That's the first thing.

If this is true phimosis your "friend" would need to be over the age of 20 years and not be able to retract his foreskin over his flaccid glands penis. He would also be having recurring infections around his foreskin with cracking.

If your "friend" is not all that bad then he could try some antibiotic/steroid cream like Fucidin H to give some temporary relief. But if he is as described above, then the only solution is circumcision.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Answered: Sat, 3 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor