Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What treatment should on take for bubble below the tongue ?

Hi, My daughter has a red bubble under her tongue , Since long time she has this, but now this tiny bubble is growing daily and she gets irritated with this, but she does not have pain . This bubble looks like filled with some liquid,This bubble is right under the tongue, where the tongue is attached to the base. Could you please advise what is the right treatment for this. and how to get it cured. Thanks,
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hi lucy
you havent mentioned your daughter's age.The red color of the swelling indicates she might be having a vascular malformation which is developmental in origin.these may be present at birth or may appear soon after birth.They grow in size as the child grows .these can enlarge n result in fatal complications due to need to get an ultrasound or CT scan done to confirm the diagnosis.

if it is the colour of the adjacent tisssues or it has a light bluish translucent hue then it could be a need not worry much about it

visit a maxillofacial surgeon as both require surgical intervention

Dr Geeta Sharma
max fac. surgeon

Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Periodontics Dr. Arati C Koregol's  Response
thanks for the concern
Your history that long standing,liquid filled bubble under the tongue seems to be indicative of a RANULA.which is one of the abnormalities seen in the floor of the mouth/tongue.
So this can diagnosed with clinical evaluation and Xray of the region . so need to consult an oral surgeon for diagnosis and removal of the same. Nothing to worry much this is acurable thing. Take care.
Hope i have tried to clarify your problem.
Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Himanshu Govil's  Response

Please don't rupture it & take care of it.
It might be some vascular abnormality (hemangioma) or mucous extravasation cyst (ranula). But the red colour as told by you is indicative of hemangioma.
Please get an MRI & aspiration biopsy done to have the correct diagnosis on prescription of a Dentist/Oral Pathologist in your area.

Hope this helps.
Hope she get well soon.

With Regards,

Dr. Himanshu Govil
Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see as you described it may be cyst or any thing else so you have to concern any ENT specialist for that.
Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor