Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i give to my 29 days old baby for Erb's palsy ?

Dear Doctor , My daughter (age 29 days) is patient of erb s palsy . The problem identified on next day of birth . No moment or sensation observed by doctor. X-ray report is normal. The doctor at Raipur(Chhattisgarh) checked and identified the problem as compression of C5, C6 & C7 and prescribed for physiotherapy at home. Initially there is no strength in hand but now some power is appearing in forearm , but still there is no strength in wrist. No any other test was carried out. should i wait for six month as advised by doctor. What i can do for betterment of my baby. Kindly advise. Sunil Soni Korba (chhattisgarh)
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to hcm
Usually it can be diagnosed clinically as well.If at all you are intereste in gettin investi
getting it you may submit her for X-cervical spine and EMG[Electro myography}.As far
as Erbs palsy is concerned physio therapy is best trearment.So if you wish You may
continue with physitherapy and wait for the out come.
Thanks Better luck
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor