Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for urine and blood infection ?

I went to a doctor for the treatment of fever day before yesterday, I had fever in the last month also. He suggests me a blood test and urine test today as I get the report doctor says that I am having some urine infection along with blood infection. I had undergone a surgery in the year 2001 cholycystectomy, after that I had stone in my kidney . after taking long treatment stone goes away. But in the urine report RBC is visible, Leucocytes are also 0000 where range is between 4000-0000. What should you suggest me is this normal because in the last month I had have my whole abdomen untrasound too with normal reports.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Thank you for the post on HCM.
I have gone through your history, lab report and the information regarding previous surgery.
As you are having fever for last 1 month and lab report of blood and urine test are suggesting of presence of infection in the body along with the UTI. Your abdominal scanning report is also normal.
During UTI also you can get red colour urine donot be so anxious.
If i would have been your treating doctor i wuold have advised
1.Drug sensitivity testing
2.Blood and urine culture.
Based on this i can select appropriate antibiotics, so that your symptoms will come down.
Feel free ta ask the query.
Thank you.
Answered: Sat, 18 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor