Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given for uneven growth in lower limbs in children with Spina bifida ?

Hi, My Daughter now 4years was born with spina bifida , she undergone 2 surgeries and everything gone well, when she walks she puts her right foot little bit cross, and there is a difference in the growth of two legs. should i consult ortho or neuro surgeons.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Hematologist 's  Response
First, I feel you must congratulate yourself that given your daughter's medical condition and the surgeries, that she IS able to walk, with ONLY "a little bit cross" of the right foot. This is because surgical correction of neurologic birth defects is tricky business, and so, it expectedly offers no sure-bet guarantees.
Having said that, I believe you are right to think of early ortho and/or neurosurgical intervention, as this is the surest way of obtaining the best outcomes. Also, include physiotherapy.
Take care, and best of luck.
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor