Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for RA ?

Asked On : Sat, 24 Sep 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi Sunil,
Rhematoid arthritis can be controlled even though it can not be treated, there are many newer drugs like methotrexate which can be effectively used for management, consult rhematologist for further advice
take care
Answered: Sat, 24 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
There is no known cure for rheumatoid arthritis, but many different types of treatment can alleviate symptoms and/or modify the disease process.
antiinflamatory and analgesics are used, DMARDS like methotraxate, sulfasalazine can be used, biological agents like infliximab, etanercept are used.
consult physician
Answered: Sat, 24 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
hi well come to HCM.
No rheumatoid arthritis can not be cured it being auto immune disease. But now adays
early use of methotrexate helps to prevent lot of deformity caused by rheumatoid
arthritis. Even chloroquin has been tried. Better you consult rheumatologist and
they are best to treat this condition. Thanks
Answered: Sat, 24 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor