What treatment is suggested for pain near shin area?

I had an aneurysmal bone cyst in my fibula nearly three years ago. Just this year, I started having pain near my shins. I thought this correlated with my tumor, but my surgeon said it didn t. Now I know it must be shin-splints, but I have been very loyal to stretching, and the pain still won t go away. Just recently, I have had pain with my whole popliteal. This happens when I walk. The pain gives me goose bumps because it hurts so bad. It s a stabbing pain. What should I do about this? What could it be?
Tue, 18 Oct 2016
Hi first thing is that your doctor is right when he says that shin pain is not due to aneurysmal Bone Cyst . In my opinion your shin pain , which was earlies in popliteal region , and comes on walking could be due to local problems or referred pain from spinal problem. I would start with pain killers , muscle relaxant, rest and physiotherapy for 10 days and if no relief then I would go for investigations like MRI.