How can i keep a newborn from being fussy while awake?
Can be normal, can also be back contracture, try 'white noises'
babys are all very different, some are quiet, some fuss a lot, and partly for no obvious reason no matter what one tries. You have tried a lot of things that usually help as experienced mother. Sometimes babys who fuss more than usual have back pain due to contracture. If possible a pediatrician should have a look at it and sometimes a one time appointment with a physical therapy or osteopathy can work wonders if there is a blockage that can be loosened.
I am currently raising twins and have a similar problem with one of them (the other one is mostly quiet...): When nothing else works, i wrap the little one in a tight blanket, lay him on the stomach (careful with that only under regular supervision, not when mother sleeps since theoretical higher sudden infant death risk) and then switch on a loud noise like vacuum or hair dryer. That always does it in the end, even if carrying him in a baby carrier close to me doesn't help anymore. There is videos on youtube with vac and hairdryer noises (saves you energy costs), even with womb-like sounds, those also work great. You might want to try that as last option, and also get the baby checked by a doc if there is any condition like back or stomach pain which could be treated.
Hope this is helping you , if you have any clarificatons you can get back to me, if this was helpful please kindly rate my answer. Best regards
Womb like sounds also advisable
yes the noise part as described above is also important, try youtube, type in "womb sound" "vacuum baby" "hairdryer baby", probably imitates uterus noise.
With gas there is suppositories for example from weleda which also are said to be effective. Laying on teh stomach is also a better position to burp (again, always check on the baby occasionally with that position). Also hold on leg up shortly diametral to other shoulder (bend in knee), then switch side, releases gas also.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can i keep my body from withdraws
- Can evening primrose keep you awake
- How can i experience orgasm while suffering from anhedonia
- How do i keep from getting an erection
- Can i take nyquil while being on xanax?
- Can i masturbate while being constipated
- Being awake while sleeping
- Can eating apples keep you awake
- How i can stop being possessive
- Fussy newborn babies
- What are the symptoms of staph infection?
- Could neuritis possibly be mistaken for fibromyalgia?
- What causes intermittent chest pain and discomfort in right shoulder?
- What causes dizziness, nausea and neck pain when diagnosed with atrial...
- Suggest remedy for night sweats and tiredness with kidney functioning at...
- Suggest dosage of Sinethicone for a child
- Suggest treatment for lump near anus
- Suggest treatment for muscle tightness and pain in legs
- Suggest treatment for kidney damage in an elderly person
- What causes upper abdominal hernia, lower back pain, mild fever and chills?