Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What to do for pain in eye due to injury caused by an accident ?

In a mishap today, the zipper-end metal tab snapped up and smacked into my open eye with some force. Quite apart from the pain when it happened, all day my eye has felt as if there were a grain of sand in it (perhaps a scratched cornea or sclera?), it hurts a good bit , and my husband tells me there is a small greyish discoloration on the sclera toward the outside (temple-side) surface. My vision is NOT blurred, however. Is this enough to indicate I should go in to see an opthalmologist, or should I give it time to resolve as a mere inconsequential though painful bruise? (It s after-hours, now ...)
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Do not wait and consult ophthalmologist as injury can cause corneal ulcer and it can cause big problem in your eye.
Mean while put antibiotic drops in your eye every 2-3 hourly.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor