How can painful light sensitivity be treated?
You will need eye examination and tests as advised below
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
Eye pain with light is called photophobia and is generally caused by conditions that affect the cornea (the outer layer on the apple of the eye). That one has pain receptors and gets painful when we see the light.
Anther cause of eye pain with light might be also due to high pressure in the eye. The light causes the apple of the eye to constrict and this can be painful in the pressure in that compartment of the eye is high.
In both cases it is good to see a doctor and have your eyes examined with what we call slit lamp examination and also check the pressure in the eye. The doctor might also do fluorescein examination to rule out scratches or lesions in the cornea.
After having these examinations done your doctor will better understand what is going on and will be able to rule in or out these 2 conditions that need medical attention as soon as possible.
I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply in case more clarification is needed on this.
Antoneta Zotaj, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can sensitivity to sound and cold be treated
- How can a painful lump in my toe be treated
- How can a sensitive skin affected by eczema scabies treated
- Neck pain and light sensitivity
- How can i treat painful hemorrhoids
- How can severe pain in my jaw be treated
- How can chronic neck pain be treated
- How can joint pain be treated
- How to treat achy sensitive skin with lower back pain
- Cipralex can it cause sensitivity to light
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...