What to do for allergy, cough and cold after withdrawing montek lc?

Namaste Dr. My son aged 10 years has cronic ailments like allergy and cough& cold . when he was 6years he was advised to continue montec lc kid OD in the evening. Since then he is continuing the drug. when i am tring to withdraw the drug after 4/5 days he is suffering from cough etc. so out of apprehension i am giving him the drug regularly. is it safe for him? how to discontinue the drug? what side effects may occur due to such a long term use?
Wed, 26 Feb 2014