Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Is there an antidote for GMO drug Pegfilgrastiim?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
Can you kill or is there an antidote for this GMO drug Pegfilgrastiim. You already took my credit card. Where are you? The drug is neulastin. I am allergic to this. It must be stopped. What can I do. What do I tell emergency?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: No antidote... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry, pegfligrastim has no known antidote. However antidote is a product that is used to nullify physical effects of the drug. But if I were you, I would look for means to stop / control allergy. And we have various means of allergy management. Do not panic. Go the the nearest ER or urgent care clinic and inform that you took this drug by mistake and that you are allergic to it. They will monitor you for allergic manifestation and start antihistamines +/- steroids whenever needed. If you already started to have allergic symptoms, then take over the counter benadryl. That should help you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more information. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor