Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Is there any way to find what medication am I allergic to?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
Hi is there anybway of finding out what medication one is allergic to?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Comprehensive allergic test can identify allergies Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Usually, allergy to a particular drug runs in the family. If any of your family members (parents, siblings) are allergic to a particular drug, possibility of you being allergic to same, is very high. A more reliable way to short-list drugs which can cause allergy, is to undergo a comprehensive Allergy Test, which incorporates all allergens, including foods and drugs. Apart from these, there is NO way of finding out if you have any drug allergies. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor