• question-icon

What sleeping position other than on back be adopted during recovery period after removal of uterine fibroids?

Hi. I am in my 1st week of recovery from the removal of 7-8 uterine fibroids with the largest being 9cm in diameter. I had them removed laparoscopically by robot. I am trying to figure out how to give my back a break because I am sleeping on it constantly, and it is starting to hurt. Oh how I would love to sleep on my side, but when I try it hurts so much in my abdomen area. It kind of feels like organs or muscles fall on that side that I m laying on and then pain occurs? What is happening with that? Is there air still present? Can you recommend any other sleeping positions? Please advise. -sleepless in Arkansas
Sat, 2 Nov 2019

You can support your abdomen with a pillow while sleeping on your side to reduce pain.

Hope this answers your query
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi Rita Venugopal