Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What should be the time interval between pregnancy and Acutret medicine?

Hi Doc, I have been using Acutret 20 mg pills for curing my acne , and I ve been told the while on this medication I cannot get pregnant. Just want to know the time interval between pregnanacy and the Acutret medication?? Please guide me as I have to plan now for my second baby and m concerned and worried alot. Guide me. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Mohita
Thanks for writing to us.
Since this drug can cause very severe malformations in children, you should not be getting pregnant while you're on this drug. You can start planning a baby 1 month after you stop Acutret therapy. After this period, we can be reasonably sure that your child would be fine. Don't worry. In addition, start taking your Tablet Folic Acid 5 mg 1 tablet every day.
Hope that helps
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor