Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What should be the BP level for a 53 year old man ?

How bad is blood pressure 180/110 for a 53 year old man? what is considered a good blood pressure for a 53 year old man ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  3 Views:  1498
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response


Any blood pressure over 120/80 abnormal. Confirmation needs by readings. But you blood pressure is far high; you need immediate medication to prevent stroke, heart attack and kidney failure.

Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Thu, 18 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi i'm a 53 year man that has a blood pressure of 132 / 85 is that to high.
I'm 6'1 198 lbs. and work out about 2 to 3 times a week.
Answered: Mon, 1 Nov 2010
  User's Response
The normal blood pressure is 120/80 as said by WHO but it also depends in each person. For example a person can have 90/70 normal blood pressure depending on his size and weight but most people has a 120/80 blood pressure. In your case 180/110 on a middle aged man is very high. I would suggest that you consult that with a doctor because it is a classic sign of hypertension. Remember hypertension is also known as the silent killer and can lead to certain complications like artherosclerosis and angina. So as early as now, you should colaborate it with you health care physician.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor