Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

153 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What medicine should I take for deficiency of Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B12 ?

Age-29 Gender: Male I am suffering with burning of my feet (leg) and I have no appetite since my childhood as a result am too thin (i.e 46 kg), I feel tired even after taking long time sleep and now from day to day my memory ability decreases. When I was checked in hospital out of my country the Doctor investigate that the problem is deficiency of Vitamin B-12 and vitamin B-3 consequently they gave medicine Methycobal and centrum but I got serious headache and dizziness when I started the medicine and I can’t continue taking of the these medicines. The problem is I can’t get the doctor who prescribed the medicine b/c now I returned back to my country. So what you suggest me…. Furthermore, another Doctor gave me Nurokind medicine and I am taking it which will be taken for one year one tablet per day (now two weeks elapsed since I started this medicine) but it couldn’t give relief for the problem. Hence, by considering my problem please give me your suggestion as soon as possible. If there is any medicine which can give me solutions please tell me….
Fri, 13 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.As you have documented vitamin B12 deficiency ,replacement is the only answer.If you are having very severe problem you may consider taking injections of it in initial days and then continue with medicines.Please talk to your doctor.This medicines at times can cause gastric discomfort so take them after food.Vegeterian diet is deficient in vitamin B12,if you eating non veg .food then you have options available.Continue with above medicine.bye.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....